DAMA Houston strives to be the enterprise data management community of the Houston Metro Area. We are a chapter of DAMA International. We invite you to attend our meetings to experience the high quality educational presentations and excellent networking opportunities. People invariably say they’re glad they did!
I truly enjoy DAMA Houston Meetups and training sessions. Very informative and relevant. –-Mike Saw, Rice University
Event Date: August 8, 2023
TIME: 4PM Networking, 4:00PM Presentation
Speed, Simplicity, Self-Service: Accelerating & Automating Data Movement to Cloud
How long does it take your organization to onboard a new data source or dataset into your cloud data platform? By the time you design, build, test, deploy, document, and automate a new data pipeline, it’s likely that days, weeks, or months have gone by, and that’s assuming that the backlog for the data engineering team is minimal. Unfortunately, every day that goes by chips away at your credibility and relevance.
During this talk and *live demo* you’ll learn how Fivetran accelerates and simplifies data movement and streamlines data pipelines to the cloud addressing critical data challenges for any organization such as:
- Time to insight: It’s fast to set up production data pipelines that help deliver data outcomes.
- Architectural constraints: It’s a pure SaaS service so any infrastructure effort is removed.
- Self-service: You don’t have to be a data engineer or developer to use Fivetran effectively.
- Operational sustainability: It just works and uptime is 99.9%+.
Using Fivetran’s fully automated and fully managed data movement service, you’ll see *live and in real-time* (in less than 10 minutes) how an application data source with customer/account information (Salesforce) and a relational database source with lab analysis information (SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL) are both easily and quickly connected to a cloud data platform for a historical sync, ongoing incremental replication, and change data capture that produces an understandable, organized, and normalized dataset. You’ll also learn how to automatically build aggregations and ready-for-analysis data models in just a few steps from the new customer/account dataset.
Speaker: Kelly Kohlleffel
Head of Partner Sales Engineering
Fivetran Global Partner
Kelly leads the Fivetran Global Partner Sales Engineering organization where he works with a broad ecosystem of technology partners and consulting services partners on modern approaches to data products and solutions.
He previously led the GTM team (sales, technical sales, marketing, and alliances) at Hashmap (acquired by NTT DATA) and also hosted Hashmap on Tap, a weekly podcast focused on data company founders and industry leaders. Kelly enjoys all aspects of the data industry and before Hashmap helped grow Hortonworks across the energy industry and worked closely with enterprise clients as Key Account Director at Oracle.
He’s also passionate about his family and when he gets the chance to unplug from tech for a while you can catch him (usually with a family member) on the tennis court, basketball court, or the lake in a kayak.
Benefits of Attending Houston DAMA Meetings:
- Networking with Data professionals that don’t look at you strange when you mention slowly changing dimensions or data lakes.
- Informative quarterly meetings with interesting presentations on the latest trends, technologies and services in the Data Management Industry, as well as trusted and true technologies.
- Snacks and coffee at each meeting.
- End of year networking social after our 4th quarter meeting in November.
- We are looking to bring you more value, please give us feedback. Please email us at [email protected]